I have quite enjoyed writing about my Montessori escapades over the past year or so. This blog is a great venue for writing, contemplating education, and discussing ideas. But more than that, blogging has connected me to an inspiring community of educators. I’ve been meaning to do a round up of blogs that I enjoy reading, and today is the day!
Today is special because A Montessori Story has been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog” award.
There are 3 simple rules to accepting this award:
- Thank & link back to the person who nominated you.
- Share seven interesting facts about yourself, & add the blog award logo to your post.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers & comment on their blogs to let them know.
So without further ado, I would like to officially accept this award. Thanks so much to Lolly from Elementary Observations for thinking of my little blog! Also, thank you for being such a great resource & inspiration in the blogging community.
For any readers who haven’t yet checked out the Elementary Observations blog, you should!
Now, seven interesting facts about myself:
- I am originally from a small town in Alabama. I lived in Portland, Oregon for three years & completed my AMI teacher training there. Now I live in San Francisco.
- My undergraduate degree was in broadcast journalism. Although I worked with children in daycare centers & summer camps throughout my college years, I never actually heard of Montessori education until AFTER college!
- I love the idea of reading fiction books, but I tend to mostly read nonfiction.
- I never cared much for mathematics until my Montessori training. Now I LOVE math, and especially geometry.
- I am currently learning to play chess AND to knit. My students are much better at kitting than I.
- I love to bake! Mostly muffins, but I also make a pretty amazing cheesecake.
- I have a fun, loving, handsome, intelligent husband who is my blog’s #1 fan. Our only child is a 15-pound fluffy, orange Maine Coon named Conan.
Finally, here is my roundup blogs that I enjoy reading and find inspiring for one reason or another. I nominate each of you for the One Lovely Blog award!
- The Montessori Observer
- Classic Play
- Playful Learning
- Mama Liberated
- The Full Montessori
- fields of sage
- Kid World Citizen
- Cassie Stephens
- Little One Love
- Montessori World
- Alina’s Adventures
- How We Montessori
- Beth Stone
- My Life at Playtime
I realize that some of these blogs have likely already been nominated for this award. So simply consider yourself double nominated.
This is a varied list of blogs. I think it includes a little something for everyone. I hope you find something new that you connect with!
*EDIT: Some of the links weren't working properly yesterday (Feb. 1). I apologize for the inconvenience. I believe that I have corrected the issue.